Notice Changes coming to Heritage over the next few months - Important information

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Over the next few months, we have some changes coming that I wanted to highlight for everyone. Some are very minor, others not so much.

In order of when the changes will go live:

1. Bless Deeds on the in-game store will be removed on September 1st 2020. As stated when they were added to the store, they are only a temporary store item.

2. The Exploring the Deep Shadowlord Peerless encounter will no longer drop the Platinum Tunic as of September 15th 2020. It will instead start dropping the Corrupted Staff of Power and the Platinum Tunic is being moved to another custom system, come October 2020.

3. Player Vendors on Heritage have historically always charged a low flat fee regardless of the number of items/prices on the said vendor. This was always pointed out to be something temporary until the shard picks up.
  • Starting on November 1st 2020 normal player vendors will begin charging their fees based on the production UO calculations.
  • As a reminder, we have the Commission Contracts of employment as well.
    • The vendor will not charge an hourly commission but instead will take a 5.25% commission fee on each purchase.
    • The Commission Vendor will be linked to the house where it is placed and have its contents count against total house lockdowns.
    • No lockdowns will be counted unless an item is added to the vendor.
    • The vendor is limited to its backpack limit
    • Gold cannot be deposited into the Commission Vendor’s gold account

Last edited:

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Curious if anyone has a resource to calculate how much gold a vendor should have on it based on the items in stock? (If not I can go looking for one myself). Dan, will vendors that do not have enough gold suddenly go poof on November 1st? How will the transition work?

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Well that sucks.. Having the low fees was a great incentive to run a vendor.. Now that incentive is gone. And kills the project ive been working on..

Not a fan either. No use arguing though. ;) Regardless, I think it's fair to say we need more information if we expect the transition to happen smoothly.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Curious if anyone has a resource to calculate how much gold a vendor should have on it based on the items in stock? (If not I can go looking for one myself). Dan, will vendors that do not have enough gold suddenly go poof on November 1st? How will the transition work?
It is based on the total cost of all items. Again you have a commission vendor you can use now if you do not want to factor all that in. It has been for sale on the NPC Banker for a few months now and on production UO you see a pretty decent mix of both in use.

Come November 1st normal vendors will start charging normal UO prices it always charged. If a vendor can not afford it the vendor will drop into the house sign and the owner of said vendor will have an additional 7 days to claim any inventory. That is why we are pushing it out.

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
Not a fan either. No use arguing though. ;) Regardless, I think it's fair to say we need more information if we expect the transition to happen smoothly.

Guess I'll just scrap the player run events ive been working on.. It's gonna require too many vendors.. And I'm not paying the high fees just to run a monthly event. Time to sell off a bunch of houses I guess.

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
It is based on the total cost of all items. Again you have a commission vendor you can use now if you do not want to factor all that in. It has been for sale on the NPC Banker for a few months now and on production UO you see a pretty decent mix of both in use.

Come November 1st normal vendors will start charging normal UO prices it always charged. If a vendor can not afford it the vendor will drop into the house sign and the owner of said vendor will have an additional 7 days to claim any inventory. That is why we are pushing it out.

Commmision vendors suck. You can only have 1 per house.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
Guess I'll just scrap the player run events ive been working on.. It's gonna require too many vendors.. And I'm not paying the high fees just to run a monthly event. Time to sell off a bunch of houses I guess.
Okay.

Reactions: BBB

Brosephine

Apprentice III
The Legend
Benefactor
Supporter
Since it seems we're not going to get any help or a grace period navigating the transition, I have some ideas that might help. @Omalley
  1. Stop stocking around mid-October. Whatever sells out is gone until after November 1st.
  2. Stop collecting gold from vendors ASAP.
  3. Check in during the last week of October to remove only the high-priced items that would drive up vendor fees.
Anything else you can think of that would avoid the ass-pain of vendors dropping?

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
And why aren't the commission vendors an alternative?

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
Probably won't effect vetrean players.. But newbies are gonna have a tough time... Houses are expensive. And niw vendors are expensive

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
But I mean the commission vendor type specifically. The new vendor that can be bought from bankers and never charges a daily fee. Why is that not an alternative? The one specifically brought up in the original post.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
As a reminder: Bless deeds will be removed from the store following the 6am restart on 9/1/2020

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff Member
Administrator
Game Master
As a reminder, this change goes live on November 1st, 2020.

3. Player Vendors on Heritage have historically always charged a low flat fee regardless of the number of items/prices on the said vendor. This was always pointed out to be something temporary until the shard picks up.
  • Starting on November 1st 2020 normal player vendors will begin charging their fees based on the production UO calculations.
  • As a reminder, we have the Commission Contracts of employment as well.
    • The vendor will not charge an hourly commission but instead will take a 5.25% commission fee on each purchase.
    • The Commission Vendor will be linked to the house where it is placed and have its contents count against total house lockdowns.
    • No lockdowns will be counted unless an item is added to the vendor.
    • The vendor is limited to its backpack limit
    • Gold cannot be deposited into the Commission Vendor’s gold account

Pappy

Novice II
Supporter
A vendors wares to be counted against a houses lock-downs?????
I can't imagine that being good for houses with 10+ vendors on them.
I fear that this may lead to fewer vendors in general and fewer items/wares on the remaining vendors.
Once upon a time, i played on Demise & REALLY didn't like the lack of items available from player run vendors,
It factored in to why i stopped playing there years ago & won't return there now.
That being said, it is one of the reasons WHY i do run a Luna vendor on Heritage, IE to prevent others from feeling the same way about Heritage that i did about Demise.
I have mostly Solen/ant goods but they all are in pretty high demand.
Certain peerless keys as well plus starter suits for the new players.
I feel that the server might not retain as many new players if these items aren't available in abundance.
ATM, i usually stock 4+ bags of sending and around 1-k fort powders, ten or more Golden Skulls for Doom Gauntlet, a dozen or more pet summoning balls and 2 or 3 complete newby suits.
If the items goes against the homeowners lockdowns, he may just axe the vendor altogether....
If the NPC charges by the hour, i'll have to greatly reduce the stock which will mean that while player x & y got to be able to buy their TP from the shop, player z will have to wait until the next day to attempt to be able to get one.

I'm not specifically complaining nor do i have an alternative solution, just i fear that this could negatively affect the servers economy & therefore population moving forward.
Perhaps maybe just a boost per day of the gold required.
12 GP a day is basically free in UO.
Maybe kick that up to 1-k to 5-k a day.
or perhaps make it so vendors items do not count against a house owners lock downs.
IDK..

Omalley

Master
Benefactor
Supporter
A vendors wares to be counted against a houses lock-downs?????
I can't imagine that being good for houses with 10+ vendors on them.
I fear that this may lead to fewer vendors in general and fewer items/wares on the remaining vendors.
Once upon a time, i played on Demise & REALLY didn't like the lack of items available from player run vendors,
It factored in to why i stopped playing there years ago & won't return there now.
That being said, it is one of the reasons WHY i do run a Luna vendor on Heritage, IE to prevent others from feeling the same way about Heritage that i did about Demise.
I have mostly Solen/ant goods but they all are in pretty high demand.
Certain peerless keys as well plus starter suits for the new players.
I feel that the server might not retain as many new players if these items aren't available in abundance.
ATM, i usually stock 4+ bags of sending and around 1-k fort powders, ten or more Golden Skulls for Doom Gauntlet, a dozen or more pet summoning balls and 2 or 3 complete newby suits.
If the items goes against the homeowners lockdowns, he may just axe the vendor altogether....
If the NPC charges by the hour, i'll have to greatly reduce the stock which will mean that while player x & y got to be able to buy their TP from the shop, player z will have to wait until the next day to attempt to be able to get one.

I'm not specifically complaining nor do i have an alternative solution, just i fear that this could negatively affect the servers economy & therefore population moving forward.
Perhaps maybe just a boost per day of the gold required.
12 GP a day is basically free in UO.
Maybe kick that up to 1-k to 5-k a day.
or perhaps make it so vendors items do not count against a house owners lock downs.
IDK..

Agreed!

Not to mention, this is one of those things that sets Heritage apart from all other servers.. once all the cool things that set Heritage apart from other servers is gone.. then what?

PLAY NOW

Heritage

Address
play.trueuo.com
Port
Uptime
19 hours
Players Online
Houses
Vendors
Gold
4,398,456,554gp